This BS500 - Blue/Silver Pool Cover is 2.6m wide, please choose your length from the drop box below
Leisure Line's BS500 Pool Cover has a range of excellent qualities listed below.
Prevents evaporative heat and water loss
By covering the pool, evaporation is prevented and pool top ups are no longer required. Furthermore, evaporation is the cause of 70% of heat loss in a pool. As water evaporates, it consumes energy, thus taking the heat out of the pool - a process called evaporative cooling. This is why an uncovered pool does not have the same heat retention properties as a covered pool. With water supply restrictions becoming more common and rising tariffs, a pool cover is a cost-effective solution that preserves a natural resource - water. With the added benefit of reducing heat pump and solar heating requirements, a pool cover also offers a way to save on power, contributing to the overall shrinking of the pool's carbon and water footprints.
Insulates the pool against heat loss
Air has excellent insulation properties. By trapping air within and around the bubbles, the material becomes an insulating barrier to heat loss. This, combined with the ability to prevent evaporation, provides a 50% reduction in the energy required to heat the pool. Product testing shows that single bubble materials will increase the water temperature by approximately 6 to 8 degrees C, compared to an uncovered pool. This is why it is important to keep the cover on the pool when not in use.
Prevent debris collecting in the pool
10% of the chlorine added to a pool is used to sanitise the water. The other 90% is consumed in the process of oxidising leaves, dirt and other biological debris blown into or transferred to the water by swimmers. By covering the pool, chemical costs can be reduced without jeopardising water hygiene or appearance.
Leisure Line Pool Covers are all Australian Made